We all are different; I have a really long back. What's waist length on me might be hip length on you. Make your own custom growth chart using my technique to chart your future hair.
- Get a tape measure, they usually have holes at the top.
- Thread a ribbon through the hole of tape measure.
- Tie ribbon around your neck (if your hair is shorter... go higher up to tie the ribbon... wrap around your ears/face).
- Make sure the tape measure is running vertically straight down your spine.
- Tie another ribbon around waist to keep it straight.
- Have someone photograph your back.
- Upload photo to your computer.
- Print it out and track your hair goals using the assumption that your hair will grow 1/2" per month.