The Summer Issue 2011

I am creating a new situation: a more polished version of Mane and Chic and I'll probably keep Mane and Chic as a personal blog. I haven't really decided the logistics of it all, but it's happening NOW.

I know that there are some major areas I want to cover:

High Texture Hair (duh), but not super technical information... more aesthetic features and original imagery like innovative, but wearable hair styles and hair accessories.

Makeup/Beauty/Body - Cool new stuff and techniques and tips, but presented in a new way.

Lifestyle Design/Self Evolution - all the stuff I discuss in the "Evolve" feature. Life changing stuff that really matters in people's lives... no fluff.

Interior Design/Home Design: Cool stuff for your house, cool interior designers and generally cool spaces.

Wardrobe Building/Self-Styling/Worked: fashion features that show you how to work the hell out of a trend. Right now I'm obsessed with midi skirts so don't be surprised if you see that!

I want to create timelessness. I DO NOT want advertisers, gossip, negativity, fluff, meaningless content. I want the project to be fully supported by the true fans. That said, I'm pretty clear on what my true fans want, but I'm giving you the opportunity to sound off. Tell me what you really want to see in the Summer 2011 release of my unnamed project. Shoot me an e-mail or leave your thoughts in the comments.

Best,

Kai

10 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 26, 2011

    I'd love to see more fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be really cool if mane and chic was like a full blown magazine, that we could subscribe to and have sent to our house (i know i dream big lol). But i think this is awesome! i love mane and chic it's literally the only blog i check EVERY day. My one suggestion would be an emphasis on the evolve feature, because those posts have been my favorite to read, maybe you could include your book reviews too. I'm rambling lol, good luck on the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anon. In addition to the areas already mentioned, I'd love to see more fashion/style posts. Your style is really on point and I still love perusing "30 looks 30 days."

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 27, 2011

    love the positive vibes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cosign on JamJam and K. I definitely loved the 30 looks 30 days. Bring it back Kai!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and I'm in the process of transitioning. My cousin first permed my hair (without my mom's permission) when I was five. That said, it's been quite an adventure exploring my natural hair. I love the style tips and directions for styles that a mom-on-the-go can wear. I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your struggle and What you are trying to do. You can do it! Lots of love for Mane and Chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 29, 2011

    more fashion!!!
    and maybe showcase different hairstyles- updos etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything on this website...books and info on bettering yourself is something I would love to continue to see more of..and more hairstyle images...I'm definitely feeling limited when it comes to my hair and chic styles....the wardrobe section was pretty dope also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to see more hairstyle's, fashion interior design(i'm renovating a older home and would love the ideas.I really like the Lifestyle Design/Self Evolution. Do what you do. LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete

Chronoblog